Wednesday 21 August 2013

I DID IT, Degree= DONE



I graduated with everyone else that I started my Degree with! In your face Crohns!

I am disappointed to say that it has been about a year since I last posted a blog entry. As you may know I have recently graduated from The University of Roehampton with a BA Hons Degree in Dance Studies. I am very proud to say that even with all the challenges that were presented to me I achieved a 2:1!! What with a dissertation to write and plenty of rehearsals and performances to fill up my evenings and weekends I didn’t have much spare time to write for ‘dancingwithapaininthebutt’. Since graduating I have found a lovely home with some friends in London and began the endless task of job hunting.

During my third year at Uni I had a little ‘blip’ around Christmas where I let the stress of Uni and third year get on top of me, I thought I was about to tumble into months of ill health again. Luckily, I was able to control this mini flare up so that it only lasted a few weeks. For the last year I have been on Methotrexate, a drug that I HATE taking (not that anyone enjoys being on any drugs). When my consultant recommended that I should try Methotrexate he explained that most patients that try it have amazing results pretty quickly. Unfortunately I did not have that response. This being said, not having an incredible response meant that I came off of Methotrexate at Easter and have been able to stay off of it ever since! :D

What’s Next


Now the degree is out the way I had better start sorting out the next stage of my life. I am job-hunting at the minute and am really keen to get involved in a creative organisation that has lots of character and personality. I would love to get involved in some dance projects along the way but am conscious that I am really enjoying being healthy. For the minute I am not willing to risk another flare up just to be a dancer full time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment