Tuesday 19 June 2012

Wednesday 20th June, Barium Meal test results!

Tomorrow is the day I have been waiting what feels like a life-time for. Hopefully my consultant will be able to tell me if I am in fact suffering with Crohn’s Disease and not Ulcerative Colitis. I am not 100% sure what difference having a diagnoses will have on my medication or how my consultant treats my illness, but I know that it will be good for me to know exactly what I suffer from.
Since I last blogged I haven’t really got many complaints (for once). I still have not been able to find out if my B12 level has returned to normal but fingers crossed that will be resolved tomorrow as well. I have moved back from University for the summer to a much slower and calmer pace of life, in the hope I can be as healthy as possible ready for my final year at University to start in September. In order to be as well as I can in September I have taken the decision to only work part time instead of full time. This sucks for my finances but if it means I have a much more successful third year then it will be worth it. I don’t want to admit this, but I am looking forward to taking three months out of dancing and giving my body a rest. I have accepted now that every time I really start to enjoy dancing again I fall ill. I don’t think my body can cope with such physical exercise at this time in my life.
Two weeks on Sunday and Mikey and I will be flying off on holiday for a week, a week of pure relaxation and sun. I have heard from lots of fellow Crohnies that whenever they are abroad they’re Crohn’s is the best it has ever been, I am excited to see if this is the case for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment