Monday 30 April 2012

2 more B12 injections, Barium Follow Through test and finally dancing again!
Since I last blogged I have had two further vitamin B12 injections, thankfully these have been a lot less painful. This is thanks to having the injections into my fatty bottom rather than my ultra-muscular arm (I wish)! Hopefully the three injections have been enough to raise my B12 level so I don’t need regular injections. We’ll just have to wait and see what this week’s blood test results say.
This time last week I was tucking into a yummy bacon and egg sandwich after enduring the hell that consists of taking laxatives and fasting, in preparation for a Barium Follow through test. Drinking the laxatives turned out to be the worst part of the whole process, as usual they just made me feel like I wanted to throw up. Then the nervous waiting begins before you are sprinting for the toilet, which takes surprising longer than expected. I was fascinated by what I could see whilst having the x-rays taken of my digestive system. I could see the x-ray screens that the radiologist was using from the bed I was lying in. Watching the Barium liquid move through my intestines fortunately distracted me enough to cope with the pain of the radiologist pushing and moving my bowels around in order to x-ray specific parts. An hour and a half later I had ran to and from the hospital cafĂ© to the toilet 8 times and was ready to head home for some much needed food. So the waiting then began, 20th June to be exact, until I go to see my consultant and am given the results. Crohn’s Disease??
Now back at University and loving it! I think the enemas and Methotrexate are now working together and having a very positive effect. The bleeding has decreased a lot, I now know longer look into the toilet and see what looks like a murder scene (sorry to be graphic). This has meant that I have been able to start a technique (Limon), that I had to defer last term as I was too unwell to dance. To my joy and surprise I have loved dancing again. I have always danced and never not enjoyed it, so when this flare up began and it affected dancing so much I was very concerned that I would never enjoy dancing again. Thankfully that isn’t the case, I still have some dizziness to deal with but it’s not to the extent that it was last term, I basically passed out every time I tried to dance. I am back in the studio every day and really love being able to enjoy my passion again.
Also on the dancing theme, I was part of the University’s Dance Platform performances at the weekend. Again this made me incredibly happy as at one point it looked like I would have to drop out of the performance. I could only manage one dance, but that was plenty, it still meant I got to be performing, what I love most.

No comments:

Post a Comment